Would You Like To Drive The Finest Machines In The World?
* Formula One drivers must be physically strong. They require massive upper body strength. They must have the expertise and ability to push their high performance cars to their limit. They must have the capacity to handle the massive G-forces and heat experienced in the cockpit as well as have the stamina to survive a two hour race.
* Formula One drivers must remain mentally alert. Imagine the concentration required for a two hour race when a driver must not only keep the car on the track at those incredible speeds but stay alert for other variables such as the feel of the car, changing track conditions, warning flags, pit stop signals and of course other drivers.
* Formula One drivers must be able to react quickly. There is little time to react at 200 mph. What may happen in a Formula One race is unpredictable. It may be debris on the track or another car spinning out ahead. It takes super quick reflexes to avoid trouble and keep the car on the track in order to finish a race.
* Formula One drivers must be able to stay at the top of their game for the entire race. Endurance is the key. Drivers are under immense pressure for the entire race. There is little time for them to catch their breath except during a pit stop. The rest of the time they have to deal with the heat within the cockpit, stay alert to the racing teams strategy, avoid accidents and finish the race.
* Formula One drivers cannot afford to make careless mistakes and must be sure that every time they make a move they do so at exactly the right moment. They must remain constantly on top of their game whilst driving at those incredible speeds. Making mistakes can result in a crash that could put them and the car out of the race. Remember, it is not only the driver to consider but the whole team who depend on the driver to bring the race home. A lot of time and money goes into preparing a car for the race and the team and sponsors expects the driver to hold up his end of the bargain.
* Formula One drivers are extremely competitive. They must be able to drive their car with cold blooded aggression to be able to compete at the top level. They have an appreciation of the 'need for speed' and love the thrill of racing. Basically you will find that they are 'adrenaline junkies' who love adventure. When they are not racing around a track at 200 mph you may find them partaking in other daring activities such as sky diving or wind surfing.
* Formula One drivers are some of the bravest sportsmen in the world. Imagine the courage it takes to race around those tracks as close as they do at those incredible speeds understanding that one mistake could result in a crash that could injure if not kill them. It is definitely not a sport for the fainthearted, that is for sure.
* Formula One drivers have the talent to be able to drive at incredible speeds and not have to focus all of their attention on simply keeping the car on the track. There are so many other variable conditions they must also pay attention to. These tasks might include knowing where your competitors are or listening to the pit crew regarding team strategy.
Being a Formula One driver may seem like a glamorous lifestyle. Earning plenty of moneyPsychology Articles, having adoring fans and driving some of the finest machines in the world. In reality it is a full time job which requires commitment and dedication to preparing the mind and body to always perform at peak condition.
A homeowner in Southeast Portland shot and killed an intruder early Thursday morning, a spokesperson for the Portland Police Department said in a news release.
Air cargo carrier Cathay Pacific Airways announced on Thursday that it would launch twice a week service to Portland, offering a new route for Asia-bound exports.
A motor vehicle accident occurred Tuesday morning in Litchfield claimed two lives and left a teenager injured, the Kennebec County Sheriff's Office confirmed.
Sightings of motorcyclists zipping through traffic and splitting lanes are not rare in heavily populated cities like Los Angeles.
California State Attorney General Kamala Harris’ Office has confirmed that subpoenas have been issued to oil refiners as part of its investigation into unusually high gasoline prices in the state during last year.
A California bill designed to change how schools in the state retain and fire teachers fell short in its first legislative vote on Wednesday.